Physical Education at Barr View Primary
At Barr View Primary Academy, we recognise the importance of PE and the role it has to play in promoting long term, healthy lifestyles. The intent of our PE curriculum is to provide children with high quality PE and sport provision.
It is our vision for every pupil to succeed and achieve their potential as well as to lead physically active lifestyles. We strive to inspire our pupils through fun and engaging PE lessons that are enjoyable, challenging and accessible to all. We want our pupils to appreciate the benefits of a healthy and physically active lifestyle.
Through our teaching of PE, we will provide opportunities for pupils to develop values and transferable life skills such as fairness and respect as as providing them with opportunities to take part in competitive sport.
It is our aim at Barr View Primary Academy School to develop and encourage:
- Competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Children who are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engagement in competitive sports and activities
- Children to lead healthy, active fives
We have been awarded the School Games Gold Award in recognition:
- of the values: determination, teamwork, self belief, respect , honesty and passion.
- of our schools provision for pupils to engage in 2 hours of sporting activities per week that we engage 20% of pupils in extra curricular sport;
- that we provide appropriate competition level (through inter school activities);
- that 5% of children lead and officiate school games.