Guide to Seesaw
Seesaw will allow you to upload your child’s work, so that we can give feedback to help the children to continue to make progress, whilst learning from home.
How will teachers post learning on Seesaw?
- Teachers will share an announcement of learning. This is like an email message contained in the Seesaw inbox. Pupils can view these messages to learn more about their activities for the day.
- Teachers may post work for pupils on the class journal. Pupils can make short comments on this post in response or create their own posts.
- Teachers may set learning as activities within the activities tab.
How will my child respond to their activities?
- Pupils may post a response to learning set by their teacher using the big green +Add button found on the journal page. They have options to take a photo, draw a picture, write a note, record video, attach files or add an online link.
- This content is then shared with their teacher and can be viewed by their parents through the linked family account.
- Pupils may also respond to learning activities set in the Activities tab, responding at the bottom of the instruction page using the green +Add button in the same way as described above.
- Daily teaching videos and learning tasks will be provided and the expectation is for pupils to engage with their daily learning.
- Teachers will feedback and comment on work and support learning daily during school hours.
- If a parent/carer has an individual query about their child’s learning, they should email, Seesaw@barrview.bham.sch.uk and/or their child's year group email, e.g. Year5@barrview.bham.sch.uk.
Stay Safe Online
- Don’t share passwords or other sensitive information.
- Don’t use school platforms to discuss personal matters.
If you witness or hear anything that is of concern, please end your child’s participation in the meeting immediately and report your concerns to a DSL at Barr View Primary Academy & Nursery.
For some fantastic free guidance for online safety, please click below:
To access and download the Guide to Seesaw document for Barr View Primary and Nursery Academy, please click on the link below: