About Barr View Primary
Barr View Primary School is a FAMS school that converted to academy status in September 2012 with inclusion and achievement at the heart of everything we do. This conversion has offered us the opportunity for accelerated improvement, with the school having greater control over its future. We are not a school that stands still; we constantly reflect on current practices, review their impact and effectiveness and implement new ideas and strategies that enhance the learning experience of our students.
Please have a look around our website and should you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Head Teacher’s Letter
We welcome your interest in our school and appreciate that parents take great care in choosing the right school for their child.
We know that you will want your child to grow and learn in a happy, safe and caring atmosphere where they will be treated as an individual. We enable our children to gain confidence, self-discipline and self respect as well as respect for others. We provide a wide range of learning opportunities and expect every child to do their best at all times.
We hope that our website has provided you with useful information about our school. If you need more details or would like to visit the school please contact us and we will be pleased to help.
Ms R. Suttle
Our Mission Statement
“We aim to help children become fully developed caring people, capable of working in every way to the best of their ability.”
Our work, as
- to create an ethos which provides for maximum learning and effective teaching.
- to provide a secure, safe and stimulating environment which enables the children to be healthy.
- to encourage children as individuals to develop lively and enquiring minds through all aspects of the curriculum.
- for children to be responsible, independent and confident individuals aware of the richness and diversity of their multi-cultural society.
- that children will respect and be respected in the world in which they live through their personal development and well being.
We endeavour to achieve these aims in a happy and purposeful atmosphere in which children will be inspired to thrive as excellent role models in our society.
Together we will achieve success.
Our Latest Ofsted Report
Barr View Primary School was last inspected by Her Majesty's Inspector on 16th January 2018. Please click the link below to view our latest report.
Great Barr Primary School's Latest Report - January 2018