Reception Home Learning
UPDATE – SEPTEMBER 2020
All home learning activities for the 2020-21 academic year will be provided through Seesaw, where possible.
Go to https://app.seesaw.me on a computer. Or install the Seesaw Class App on an iOS or Android device.
Choose “I’m a Student”.
Type in the 'letters code' to access your Seesaw account - E.G. ABCD EFGH IJKL
Click on the + to add some work or click on 'Activities' to complete work or see videos set by your teacher.
Literacy Work - Week Beginning 6th July
Maths Work - Week Beginning 6th July
Literacy Work - Week Beginning 29th June
Maths Work week beginning 29th June
UPDATED 01/06/2020 - NEW TOPIC SUMMER 2 - Pirates ⛵️
Here are some activities which can be easily adapted for learning at home. Have a look at the different ideas and see which ones your child would like to complete (some have a link to free twinkl resources too!). Once completed, upload any work, photos, and/or pictures to your Seesaw journal for your teachers to see.
Updated 20/4/20 - New Summer 1 Topic - BEARS
Here are lots of ideas for activities all about bears for you to work on over the next 4 weeks. Choose some activities you would like to complete and add them to your SeeSaw journal.
SEESAW HOME LEARNING
- Go to https://app.seesaw.me on a computer. Or install the Seesaw Class App on an iOS or Android device.
- Choose “I’m a Student”.
- type in the 'letters code' to access your Seesaw account (these are sent to your marvellous me account) E.G. ABCD EFGH IJKL
- Click on the + to add some work or click on 'Activities' to complete work or see videos set by your teacher.
- If you need to know your seesaw login please email the school :)
Active Learn - Bug Club Reading!
Your username and password have been sent through Marvellous me. Any problems please email the school for your logins. :)
Enter your username and password
School code: wjcp
Ruth Miskin Literacy
Each day there will be a new phonics lesson being uploaded to this youtube site https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ based on our RWI curriculum. We have covered all set 1 and set 2 sounds and have just started set 3 sounds. Recapping all of the sounds would be really beneficial for the children. After the video the children could do one of these activities:
- Go for a sound hunt around the house, look at books, cereal packets, toys etc.
- Can you write a short sentence with one of the key words in?
- Challenge: Can you write an extended sentence using 'and' or 'because' in.
- Log into Bug Club and read a book or share a story with a family member and talk about what happens, why you like it etc.
- Play eye spy with a family member, remember to listen carefully for the initital sound.
- Make different letters and sounds with objects around your house e.g. lego bricks.
- Find as many objects that start with the same sound e.g. ball, book, boot.
Hundreds of resources, powerpoints, ebooks, worksheets, games and more.
How do I sign up for the free month?
Step 1: Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
Step 2: Enter the code you have received, or CVDTWINKLHELPS if you have not yet been given a code
Step 3: Share the offer code and website link with anyone who could benefit
MR MC Making Memories
Early Years specific activities and resources.
Step 2: Click on Free Resources
Step 3: Enjoy his videos and free school closure resources, alongside his free topic and core subjects resources!
Literacy Activities - Summer 1
Literacy Activities - Summer 2
Maths Activities - Summer 1
Maths Activities - Summer 2
Topic Summer 2 - Pirates