Reception Home Learning
UPDATE - JANUARY 2021
All home learning activities for the January 2021 lockdown will be provided through Seesaw and on the website.
On Seesaw we will provide daily phonics and maths lessons/activities and weekly lessons/activities in the following areas:
Expression arts and design (EAD)
Physical development (PD)
Personal, social, emotional development (PSED)
Communication and Language (CL)
Knowledge and understanding of the world (KUW)
Although, please note that many areas in Reception will cross over. E.g. when practising their phonics they will also be learning to form letters correctly which is part of their Physical development too! :)
Our topic for this half term is 'Once upon a time...'. We will be looking at traditional tales and focusing in on 'Jack and the beanstalk', 'The gingerbread man' and 'Goldilocks and the three bears'. Below is a half termly overview of the topic.
UPDATE – SEPTEMBER 2020
All home learning activities for the 2020-21 academic year will be provided through Seesaw, where possible.
Go to https://app.seesaw.me on a computer. Or install the Seesaw Class App on an iOS or Android device.
Choose “I’m a Student”.
Type in the 'letters code' to access your Seesaw account - E.G. ABCD EFGH IJKL
Click on the + to add some work or click on 'Activities' to complete work or see videos set by your teacher.
Ruth Miskin Literacy
Each day there will be a new phonics lesson being uploaded to this youtube site https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ based on our RWI curriculum. We have covered all set 1 and set 2 sounds and have just started set 3 sounds. Recapping all of the sounds would be really beneficial for the children. After the video the children could do one of these activities:
- Go for a sound hunt around the house, look at books, cereal packets, toys etc.
- Can you write a short sentence with one of the key words in?
- Challenge: Can you write an extended sentence using 'and' or 'because' in.
- Log into Bug Club and read a book or share a story with a family member and talk about what happens, why you like it etc.
- Play eye spy with a family member, remember to listen carefully for the initital sound.
- Make different letters and sounds with objects around your house e.g. lego bricks.
- Find as many objects that start with the same sound e.g. ball, book, boot.
Hundreds of resources, powerpoints, ebooks, worksheets, games and more.
How do I sign up for the free month?
Step 1: Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
Step 2: Enter the code you have received, or CVDTWINKLHELPS if you have not yet been given a code
Step 3: Share the offer code and website link with anyone who could benefit
MR MC Making Memories
Early Years specific activities and resources.
Step 2: Click on Free Resources
Step 3: Enjoy his videos and free school closure resources, alongside his free topic and core subjects resources!